Thursday, January 1, 2009

Viewing wildlife in the backyard

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
This is one of my favorite pastimes...viewing my backyard wildlife. This summer we had this beautiful bear pay us a visit. The chair is a bulk pickup find that I spray painted blue and placed under the mulberry tree, little did I know that a bear would use it! This bear found it convienent to stand on to grab the mulberry branches. ( Wish I had a picture of that!)
He's in hibernation today but I'm sure I'll have lots of deer and birds to watch. Who visits your backyard???

2 comments:

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

This is truly the way I would want to live. I live out in the country in a little rental red barn. Nothing like having your own place though in the woods. I truly love animal and I have save so many little creatures during my life time. I'll be putting you on my inspirational list. Thank you so much for sharing this..By the way I'm a serious outside bird feeder and enjoy so much the birds and all the other critters who stop on over to visit.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Mary, thanks for coming by. LOL, don't know if I could teach Eddie too much, but I can't wait for the shopping trip. Of course, there will be about 40 other people going along too!

What fun to see a bear in your backyard. Are you the Mary that was on Great Impressions? I think you must be, I remember your trash to treasure projects too. Thanks so much for reading my blog! Happy New Year to you.