Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some trash to treasure projects











While my niece was vacationing in Fl. I redid her bedroom with some of my "garbage pickin"finds. The gorgeous bed was from a co-workers home. He was moving and had a bunch of "junk" waiting to be thrown out. Another co-worker and myself went over to check out his garbage and this gorgeous bed was amongst the pile to be thrown out. I scooped this baby right up, a little cleaning and it's gorgeous! The end table, chair and little chest were all bulk pickup gargbage finds that I painted. Now I would have paint them in more subtle colors but my neice was thrilled. The wall color is beautiful Plaster Pink. A gorgeous soft pink.

4 comments:

mNg said...

They are all gorgeous :D Happy New Year!

Cindy said...

Wow, that bed is gorgeous! I can't believe someone would throw that out! It all looks so beautiful!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Very good finds-It's amazing what people throw out.

Jeanette Donaher said...

Thanks for comenting on my blog. I love to talk to people who have as much fun on the "hunt" as I do. We just don't find these treasures in dept. stores. That bed! What a find, lucky you. I have things all around me that could be made beautiful but have to realize I'm only one person & can't do it all. I trust the Lord to bless what I do accomplish...