Monday, February 16, 2009

Devils Food Surprise Cake..aka..Triple Coronary Bypass Cake



I have been making this cake for years and years and it's always a hit. I named it Triple Coronary Bypass Cake because it's so rich...little did I know that my husband would have to undergo this procedure.....so I warn you, a little of this rich cake goes a long way!


1 package devils food cake mix

1 package instant chocolate pudding mix (1.7 ounce size)

1 cup sour cream

4 eggs

16 ounce bag of chocolate chips...(I use the smaller of the two bags they sell..maybe 12 ounce)

1/2 cup warm water

1/2 cup vegetable oil


Mix eggs, water, oil, sour cream, pudding mix till well blended. Add cake mix and morsels till well blended.


Bake in ungreased tube or bundt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour or till done. I start checking after 50 mins.

When cooled sprinkle with confectioners sugar, serve and be flattered by all the compliments.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm another wonderful cake recipe. I'll be careful not to eat too much. This will make a great tailgating dessert. Thanks Mary. RJ