Friday, February 26, 2010

A Day to Remember!







I can't remember the last time we had so much snow in such a short period, after 24 hours of snow the sun finally poked through the clouds and the clean up began. Not without setbacks though, this is the heaviest snow I have ever shoveled. The man who plows our driveway is having a difficult time with the weight of the snow and hasn't show up. Joe started snowblowing and we ran out of gas, he managed to roll our car down the driveway and I began the impossible task of shoveling a spot at the bottom of the driveway. I shoveled and shoveled and just when I thought I was going to black out a total stranger with a plow came by and plowed out the bottom of the driveway for FREE!!! He wanted no money! I'm so happy that kind man took pity on this poor bedraggled soul!
He left without me thanking him properly so I plan on writing a small letter to the editor of our local paper. I only hope he sees it and knows how happy he made me!

3 comments:

grannyann said...

Now that is a snow picture!!!! what fun to look at if you don't have to shovel or try to leave and go some place.

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Wow, now that's a lot of snow..... What a nice guy to come and plow your drive...... I hope he sees the newspaper showing your appreciation for what he had done.

Take Care and have a Wonderful Evening-

Anonymous said...

that's a great amount of the white fluffy fluffy stuff . your dog must have a good time playing in it, but I feel bad for the poor handy man with the shovel

Roger