Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've been MIA..





I have been enjoying my vacation for the past two weeks. Little road trips, hiking and general puttering around.
I took the picture of the bear on one of our recent hikes. It's difficult to get a good picture because they generally take off when they see us.
I chased this butterfly around a meadow for 10 mins trying to get a good picture. They are as elusive as the bears!
And the raspberries are finally in season!! They normally are ready for picking by the 4th of July but this year are very late because of the rainy weather, I'm happy we are having a bumper crop. I've been busy picking, cleaning and freezing. I printed a recipe for raspberry cream pie and I can't wait to try it. If it tastes as good as it sounds I'll be sure to share it.


3 comments:

grannyann said...

Don't think I have had that kind of pie. Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Well glad to hear you're having fun :-) How brave of you to be near that bear. I've never seen one live and I think I'll be scared LOL I think I would rather have a shy bear who takes off when he sees humans that one who will run towards me yikes!

Oh you know I don't bake but I would love to see you post the pie and recipe. :-)

Li

Abi said...

Oh oh oh oh I would pee with excitement if I saw a bear! A real life bear! Holy poop!!!

*Blush*

I'm glad you've been having fun :D